Thursday, March 12, 2009

Apple Bundt Cake with a Caramel Glaze

I found this Apple Bundt Cake recipe on epicurious. It was supposed to be Sasha's dessert (he had asked for something with caramel and apples) but I started it late at night, and though I'm not 100% sure, I felt as though I had put a 1/4 tsp too much salt. I tasted the batter and it tasted unusually salty. In the end the extra salt, if there was any, complimented the caramel. I had to taste it and make sure a couple of times, and soon enough, a good chunk of the cake was missing. I didn't want to hand Sasha 3/4 of his dessert, plus, I decided that I wanted to make something a little more sophisticated. In the end, I brought the cake to school and let my classmates devour it with caramel sauce and assured Sasha that his dessert was on the way.

No comments: